The Museum’s historic house was built as the residence for Alphonse Dubois, the French charg√© d’affaires to the Republic of Texas. ¬†The home later served as the residence of Dr. Joseph W. Robertson and his large family.

The floor plan of the house was created by W. Grasty during the 1934 Historic American Buildings Survey by the U.S. Department of the Interior.